A number of emerging applications, like IoT, VR/AR and AI/ML, along with catalyzing technologies like 5G, are driving compute and storage resources to move out of centralized locations closer to the end user. One term for this phenomenon is edge compute, but many are, more appropriately, calling this distributed cloud, which fuses the attributes of edge compute with an on-demand cloud native consumption model. As the software and hardware infrastructure underlying distributed cloud become geographically dispersed, it becomes more costly to deploy and challenging to manage and troubleshoot. Technologies, tools and techniques are required to automate this infrastructure and simplify operations so it does not bury the data center operator.
Join Roz Roseboro, Heavy Reading’s Principal Analyst for Cloud Infrastructure & Management, and Pluribus Networks' Mike Capuano, CMO, and Alessandro Barbieri, VP Product Management, for a review of the key requirements needed to successfully deploy distributed cloud. This webinar will cover the following topics for telco service providers, cable operators, cloud service providers, colocation service providers and enterprises:
- Is distributed cloud the same thing as edge compute?
- What is the reality and timeline for various distributed cloud locations?
- What does the ecosystem look like for distributed cloud?
- What are the best networking approaches for distributed cloud?
- How do I navigate the plethora of organizations creating reference designs for edge and distributed cloud?
REGISTER TO WATCH THE WEBINAR TODAY!